Chart data source

  1. #1
    Rob
    Guest

    Chart data source

    I need my chart to be blank between 2 points but the data
    source it takes from contains the following formula

    =IF(H14=0,"0",1780/H14)

    even if I change it to

    =IF(H14=0,"",1780/H14)

    It still has the same effect unless the cell is cleared
    using the delete button. This I dont want to have to do
    because the person entering the information I have asked
    not to delete formulas

    Thanks

    Rob

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Chart data source

    Try =IF(H14=0,ISNA(),1780/H14)

    Depends on what kind of chart chart though?

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Chart data source

    Hi Ken,

    I think you meant NA() instead of ISNA().

    =IF(H14=0,NA(),1780/H14)

    Cheers
    Andy

    Ken Wright wrote:
    > Try =IF(H14=0,ISNA(),1780/H14)
    >
    > Depends on what kind of chart chart though?

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  4. #4
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Chart data source

    Dohhhhhhhhhhh - Cheers Andy. So used to testing for it as opposed to
    creating one - grrrrrrrrr - :-)

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Chart data source

    Andy, sure I'm not going nuts - aren't there a copule of charttypes that
    doesn't work on??

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    <snip>

  6. #6
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Chart data source

    Hi Ken,

    Doesn't work for area chart, that still drops to zero.

    Cheers
    Andy

  7. #7
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Chart data source

    Cheers - Knew I wasn't going loopy there.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:%23iWHo%[email protected]...