Simple charting question

  1. #1
    codetalker
    Guest

    Simple charting question

    I don't believe I'm having so much trouble with this. I'm trying to make a
    graph with Temperature (Celesius) as the X-axis and Baseball Speed (Km/hr) as
    the Y-axis. When I highlight the columns below and try to make a bar graph -
    0 44.1
    1 47
    3 44.7
    4 43.5
    5 50.2
    13 59.9

    I get two series plotted or shown seperately. I would like to get one of
    the following:

    (Simply): A bar graph with 0, 1, 3, 4, 5, 13 as discreet points (labels) on
    the X-axis with corresponding bars representing ball speed (y-axis). or,
    (Slightly more complex) A line graph with temperature on the X-axis in a
    linear (i.e. 0, 1, 2, 3, ......up to 15 degrees) manner with corresponding
    ball speed on the y-axis.
    I hope this makes sense. Any help would be appreciated

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    India
    Posts
    1,066
    Do the following.
    1. Just highlight the second series, i.e. 44.1, 47, 44.7, and so on.
    2. Click the chart wizard and select the bar chart, and click Next
    3. In the step 2 of the chart wizard, go to the series tab.
    4. In the category X axis label, select your first series of 0, 1, 2....
    5. click finish. Your graph is ready.

    - Mangesh

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Simple charting question

    In the chart wizard, istead of a line chart, select the XY (scatter)
    chart type, and one of the subtypes with lines.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List