I get gaps in bar chart when using weekday values only in x-axis

  1. #1
    Björn Elfvin
    Guest

    I get gaps in bar chart when using weekday values only in x-axis

    Plotting a stock bar chart and using weekdays only (no weekend date values)
    as the x-axis (category labels) leavs med with gaps in the bar chart.

    How do i plot the chart without the gaps?

    Regards

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: I get gaps in bar chart when using weekday values only in x-axis

    If you are talking about gaps between the bars for each day, double click on
    the series you want to format and select the OPTIONS tab. Adjust the GAP
    WIDTH as needed.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: I get gaps in bar chart when using weekday values only in x-axis

    The x-axis has defaulted to a time-scale. To change the setting:

    Select the chart
    Choose Chart>Options
    Select the Axes tab
    For Category (X) axis, choose Category, click OK

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List