Can I add values, labels and percentage for pie charts?

  1. #1
    coops-eng
    Guest

    Can I add values, labels and percentage for pie charts?

    I am using Excel 2000 to give a detailed breakdown analysis of machine
    performance. I would like to be able to display my pie charts showing the
    Label, value and the percentage all at the same time. I also need if possible
    to avoid showing this information for segments of the pie that have no data,
    to provide a clear and un-cluttered chart?

    Can this be done with the current version of Excel I am using?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Can I add values, labels and percentage for pie charts?

    Hi,

    With xl2k you can get percent and label.
    You can create a helper column where you concatenate the required
    information and then link the data labels to the cells.

    Use Rob Bovey's free addin, Chart Labeler, to make this easier.
    http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

    Check out Jon Peltier's article on pie charts,

    and to remove zero's and legend entries see this example.
    http://www.andypope.info/charts/piezeros.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    --