Goal Line in chart but not on data tabel

  1. #1
    BMSpell
    Guest

    Goal Line in chart but not on data tabel

    I have a chart which plots single monthly values for the year in a bar graph
    mode. I wanted to add a goal line, so I entered another series to represent
    a goal, plotted the value for each month, and formatted it so it will
    appear as a line across the chart wtih no points. I don't want the goal
    values to show up in the data table. How do I exclude them? Thanks.

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: Goal Line in chart but not on data tabel

    Unfortunately you are not going to be able to modify the data table to
    eliminate the goal values. You can get around this limitation by building
    the data table with worksheet cells as opposed to using Excel's built-in
    version. This link might help:

    http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce...n_data_tables/

    ----
    Regards,