[SOLVED] How do I add a second axis to a graph with 2 data series?

  1. #1
    Laura
    Guest

    [SOLVED] How do I add a second axis to a graph with 2 data series?

    I am creating a graph in Excel 2002 with 2 data series (bone mets and no bone
    mets). I need to add a second y-axis to the graph, but when I follow the
    excel Help directions, it removes one of my data series from the graph (ie,
    it can no longer be viewed).

  2. #2
    Bernard V Liengme
    Guest

    Re: How do I add a second axis to a graph with 2 data series?

    Is it possible that the two scales are such that one series is on top of the
    other?
    Try formatting one y-axis and change the value of Min.
    best wishes
    Bernard

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: How do I add a second axis to a graph with 2 data series?

    I'm using EXCEL 2003 so I hope this is consistent.

    In order to have a secondary Y axis, you need to have a minimum of 2 series.
    Once the 2 series are on the graph, doubleclick on the series you want on
    the secondary axis. You should see the Format Data Series menu. You then
    can select the Axis menu and select Secondary axis on that menu.