How do I change chart cell from pixel to inch?

  1. #1
    Brenda
    Guest

    How do I change chart cell from pixel to inch?

    I am trying to modify a chart sent to me. Cell width is in pixels. How can
    I change it to inches.

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: How do I change chart cell from pixel to inch?

    Brenda,

    Perhaps this site can help. It gives a pixels to inches conversion.

    http://209.196.177.41/01/01-09.htm

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I change chart cell from pixel to inch?

    Brenda -

    You mean cell width or chart width is in pixels? Where are you reading
    this size? It's probably in points, by the way, not pixels. There are 72
    points to the inch, and depending on your screen resolution and other
    video settings, you might have 96 pixels per inch (1.25 pixels/point).

    Hold the Shift key while selecting the chart. It will have white
    handles, not black, on the corners and edges. Then right click on the
    chart and select format object. This brings up a dialog: click on the
    Size tab. On my machine this gives the size in inches.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services