How do I get my y axis on the left hand side of my chart?

  1. #1
    Aneleh
    Guest

    How do I get my y axis on the left hand side of my chart?

    I have changed the category order of my chart as it involves dates and i want
    then in a chronological order, however as a result the y-axis values have
    flipped to the right-hand side, is there any way that i can change this back
    to the left-hand side of the chart while still keeping the order of the
    category values?

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: How do I get my y axis on the left hand side of my chart?

    Aneleh,

    Check to see if your dates are formatted as true dates and not text that
    looks like a date. If the X axis is a true date, the values will fall in
    chronological order by default and the Y axis should appear on the left side
    of the chart.

    If that doesn't work, can you provide a sample of your data?

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I get my y axis on the left hand side of my chart?

    Aneleh -

    John's answer, using real dates, is the rigorous way to do this.
    HOwever, if the X values are in the order you want and spaced the way
    you want, double click on the X axis, and on the Scale tab, check the
    box for Value Axis Crosses at Maximum Category.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  4. #4
    Aneleh
    Guest

    Re: How do I get my y axis on the left hand side of my chart?

    Thanks to both Jon and John!!! My charts are the way I want them, I took
    Jon's advice and check the box for Value Axis Crosses at Maximum Category and
    voila!
    Thanks again for your speedy responses!
    -Aneleh