[SOLVED] Disappearing Text Boxes

  1. #1

    [SOLVED] Disappearing Text Boxes

    Hello,
    I have searched this subject, and it has been answered a few times, but I
    still am not getting good results. I am using office 2000 and office 2002,
    and it happens in both. I have created charts and have text boxes on the
    charts. I have done it both with the drawing tool and by clicking on the
    chart and entering my text in the formula bar. But my text boxes keep
    disappearing and reappearing. Sometimes they all appear if I click off the
    chart, sometimes they disappear when I click of the chart. Then there are
    some that are always there. If I click where I think the check box used to
    be, it reappears again. I am also using the charts in a powerpoint
    presentation and the disappearing text boxes never show in the powerpoint
    presentation, but the ones that never disappear show up in PP. Why is it
    doing this....What am I doing wrong? I am ready to pull my hair out....

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Disappearing Text Boxes

    Cathie -

    This means the textboxes are not being created within the chart. Despite
    your best efforts, it's not working every time. The most reliable way is
    to select the chart and just start typing. When you press Enter, the
    text you typed is placed in a textbox in the middle of the chart.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services