How do I switch the axis values in my chart

  1. #1
    Melissa
    Guest

    How do I switch the axis values in my chart

    I can't figure out how to make the x-axis the y-axis. Excel makes the chart
    for me...its a simple column graph.

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: How do I switch the axis values in my chart

    Have you tried right clicking the chart, selecting Chart Type and selecting
    Bar Chart?

    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I switch the axis values in my chart

    Melissa -

    Is your sheet's X data being used for the chart's Y and vice versa? If
    you place the X values in the column left of (or row above) the Y
    values, Excel will be more likely to get it right.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  4. #4
    JZip
    Guest

    RE: How do I switch the axis values in my chart

    Melissa,
    Excel expects the data on the left to be the x values, as Jon explained. If
    you don't want to move the data itself you can probably just right click the
    chart, select source data, select the series you want to alter, and select
    the data for both the x and y values manually (click the button next to the
    field and it will minimize, and then just click and drag to select the data
    you want).
    Hope this helps.
    Jeff