How do I prevent Excel from plotting a cell w/ a formula as a "ze.

  1. #1
    Hatchet_Jack
    Guest

    How do I prevent Excel from plotting a cell w/ a formula as a "ze.

    I am setting up a trend chart for 2005 and want to setup the chart now so
    that it updates each week as data is added. The problem I am having is that
    the chart is plotting all future "result" cells as "zeros" because of the
    formula in each cell. I am blanking out all future "result" column cells w/
    (IF) logic statements w/ the (ISBLANK) function so nothing appears in the
    cell until the right date, but its still being plotted as a zero. Is there a
    way to prevent Excel from plotting these "formula only" cells as "zeros"?

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: How do I prevent Excel from plotting a cell w/ a formula as a "ze.

    Hatchet_Jack,

    Try a reference to "NA()" or "=NA()" somewhere in your formula where the
    result needs to be zero. Excel will not chart values where "NA()" or "=NA()
    is referenced.

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield