Prevent change of color scheme in Pivot chart

  1. #1
    Bernd
    Guest

    Prevent change of color scheme in Pivot chart

    I set up a Pivot-chart and modifying the color scheme. As soon as I make a
    selection in one of my page fields the color scheme reverts back to default
    (automatic) and I have to go in and do all the modifications again.

    Is there a way to prevent the pivot chart to change the color scheme?

    {I am using Excel 2002 SP3}

    Thanks,

    Bernd

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Prevent change of color scheme in Pivot chart

    Loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's
    information in the following MSKB article, suggests recording a macro as
    you apply the formatting:

    XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List