How do I change the inverse colour in an Excel chart?

  1. #1
    david_hutton.NO_SPAM
    Guest

    How do I change the inverse colour in an Excel chart?

    I want to have blue bars when the values are positive and yellow when they
    are negative. I have checked the box for "invert if negative" when choosing
    the colour in Format Data Series, but I still get blue for both.

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: How do I change the inverse colour in an Excel chart?

    David,

    The concept described here should work:

    http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce..._column_chart/

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  3. #3
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: How do I change the inverse colour in an Excel chart?

    Hi david,

    He is an explanation of how to work with the Invert if negative feature.
    http://www.andypope.info/charts/Invertneg.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  4. #4
    SpudHutton
    Guest

    Re: How do I change the inverse colour in an Excel chart?

    That's the business!
    A convoluted way of doing it but it works.
    Many thanks,Andy.
    David.