Lines not visible in an Excel line chart

  1. #1
    argonaut
    Guest

    Lines not visible in an Excel line chart

    I'm creating a line chart in Excel 2004 for Mac. The lines themselves will
    not show on the chart. Have worked with the data series and other chart
    settings already with no results. Anyone know of this problem or a fix?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Lines not visible in an Excel line chart

    Do you have blank rows or columns in between data in the worksheet? If
    so, Excel is following its default behavior for blanks by leaving gaps
    in the chart. Select the chart, choose Options from the Tools menu, and
    on the Chart tab, under Treat Blank Cells As, choose Interpolate.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services