how can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines don't in.

  1. #1
    peterk
    Guest

    how can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines don't in.

    (Excel
    How can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines of that chart do
    not interfere with the text in those labels?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: how can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines don'tin.

    Hi,

    Double click the data labels and set the Patterns Area colour to be the
    same as the plotarea colour.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: how can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines don'tin.

    Peter -

    Or you could double click the gridlines and change their color to the
    faintest gray in the palette (you've already changed the plot area
    background to white, haven't you?). Black gridlines attract too much
    attention.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP