change font color of first cell in data table attached to chart

  1. #1
    momo
    Guest

    change font color of first cell in data table attached to chart

    When I change the color of my font in a data table that I attached to my
    column chart, the first cell or what appears to be the name for my first
    column along the x-axis will not change color. WHY?

  2. #2
    Markus Scheible
    Guest

    change font color of first cell in data table attached to chart

    Hi Momo,

    >When I change the color of my font in a data table that I

    attached to my
    >column chart, the first cell or what appears to be the

    name for my first
    >column along the x-axis will not change color. WHY?

    Because Excel does not work with the data cell formatting
    for its graphs but only with the data cells volumes...

    BTW: Afaik you can not use different colors within the x-
    axis...

    Best

    Markus

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: change font color of first cell in data table attached to chart

    As Markus pointed out, data tables are not too flexible when it comes to
    formatting. Tushar Mehta has a tutorial that illustrates a much more
    flexible way to make a data table on your chart:

    http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgr...able/index.htm

    John Mansfield has a similar example:

    http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce...n_data_tables/

    - Jon