Custom formula to show each item as percentage of grand total?

  1. #1
    RoryMacLeod
    Guest

    Custom formula to show each item as percentage of grand total?

    Have a PT like this:

    Month Who
    Jan 3.5
    Feb 2.2
    Mar 3.3
    Total 9.0

    I want to add a new custom field or whatever on the right of this that will
    show each item as a percentage of the total so I see 2.2 and 25% next to it.

    Thanks
    Rory

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Custom formula to show each item as percentage of grand total?

    try this. copy down
    =G1/SUM($G$1:$G$4)

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    RoryMacLeod
    Guest

    RE: Custom formula to show each item as percentage of grand total?

    Hi Don, thanks for the response. I should have made it clear that this data
    is in a pivot table and I want to use the Custom Forumla feature to generate
    the percentage field automatically.

    Rory

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Custom formula to show each item as percentage of grand total?

    Rory -

    When making your pivot table, you have some kind of Sum of Value field
    which produces the numbers in the column. Drag the Value field into the
    data area again, to make another Sum of Value field. When adding the
    field, click on the Options>> button, and under Show Data As, select %
    of Total. Then drag the Data field button over to the top of the columns
    area of the pivot table. Here's how it looks with some data I made up:

    Data
    date Sum of value Sum of value2
    Jan 22 32.84%
    Feb 13 19.40%
    Mar 21 31.34%
    Apr 11 16.42%

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  5. #5
    Toronto

    % to Totals only

    Hi!
    Is it possible to add those percentages to totals only?
    So the table would be:
    aaa 1 2
    bbb 2 3
    Total 3 5