Axis Labels

  1. #1
    Paul Smith
    Guest

    Axis Labels

    I am trying to chart data for each day of the week except Sunday.

    I am using a stacked bar graph with volume on the y axis and the date
    along the bottom.

    My week runs Friday to Thursday.

    My problem: In my data series I have six slots (Fri, Sat, Mon, Tue,
    Wed, Thu) and these are dates. When I chart these I get a x value for
    Sunday. Sunday's date is not present bit it appears.

    I can only assume this is because the X Axis' scale has set itself to
    days, as the A axis series are indeed dates.

    How can I just chart the six days for whgich I am entering Data??????

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Axis Labels

    To change the setting from a time-scale:

    Select the chart
    Choose Chart>Options
    Select the Axes tab
    For Category (X) axis, choose Category, click OK

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: Axis Labels

    Paul,

    In addition to Debra's suggestion, you could use an array formula to exclude
    any dates with zero values. If I'm interpretting correctly, the dates would
    fall on Sunday in your example. The process is described here:

    http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce...o_zero_values/

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Axis Labels

    But if Excel draws a time scale X axis, it will show Sunday even if
    there's no data for Sunday. I suspect Paul has no Sundays in his X data
    anyway, so your arrays will probably not filter the data in a helpful
    manner.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP