How do I show negative numbers on a stacked graph

  1. #1
    JMZ
    Guest

    How do I show negative numbers on a stacked graph

    I am trying to develop a stacked graph that has a data string with negative
    numbers. I can set the Y(Z) axis to show negative numbers but the data plots
    as positive. IE. Data set may be -10,000 +10,000 12,000. The data plots
    all numbers as a positive. Why, and how can I get the first number to plot
    below 0. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: How do I show negative numbers on a stacked graph

    Check out

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...StakAboveBelow

    by Jon Peltier.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    jmz
    Guest

    Re: How do I show negative numbers on a stacked graph

    I should have been more descriptive in my original post. I can do what you
    sugest if I was using a stacked BAR chart. I am using a stacked AREA plot. I
    tried using your data on my chart and get the sames results : ie. no data
    below 0.

  4. #4
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    Re: How do I show negative numbers on a stacked graph

    jmz,

    Hopefully this area charting example might help. Please see Jon Peltier's
    comment attached to the example too.

    http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce...crossing_zero/

    ----
    Regards,