3d charting

  1. #1
    uriel78
    Guest

    3d charting

    I'm looking for an excel add-in that works like miner3d software (see
    http://miner3d.com/products/)

    I'd appreciate any suggestion...tia

  2. #2
    Alvin Bruney [Microsoft MVP]
    Guest

    Re: 3d charting

    Here are a couple, not necessarily in order of importance.

    Microsoft Office web components
    ..NET charting
    Dundas

    --
    Regards
    Alvin Bruney

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: 3d charting

    I doubt the Office Web Components will be much improvement over Excel.

    Dundas, .net Charting, and Chart FX are but a few of the many newfangled
    charting systems which look pretty ****, and can probably be integrated
    into Excel with a little effort (I played with an evaluation version of
    Chart FX last year and I think I remember getting it to work).

    There are other possibilities, like Delta Graph, maybe Harvard Graphics,
    and some of the high end statistics packages (SAS, SPSS, JMP to name a few).

    This long thread from Edward Tufte's web site discusses several
    packages, and all seem to compare favorably to Microsoft's offerings,
    but that's the bent of the site. Excel isn't as bad as he claims;
    nothing could be. But there's much room for improvement, especially in
    the defaults, which lead to bad practices among less experienced users.

    http://www.edwardtufte.com/bboard/q-...Ask%20E%2eT%2e

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  4. #4
    uriel78
    Guest

    Re: 3d charting

    thank you all for your answers, links and suggestions

    have a nice day!