Forcing 'XValues' to the bottom

  1. #1
    jeff
    Guest

    Forcing 'XValues' to the bottom

    I have a line chart with positive and negative numbers as 'Values'. My x-axis
    legend (the 'XValues') appears in the middle of the screen - along the x
    axis. I want it to appear at the bottom. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Forcing 'XValues' to the bottom

    Hi jeff,

    Double click the x axis and on the Patterns Tab select Tick mark labels:
    Low.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Forcing 'XValues' to the bottom

    Go to the FORMAT AXIS menu and change the value for "Value (X) axis crosses
    at" to a reasonable value. Do not re-select the check box to the left or it
    will autoscale again.

    Have a great day!
    Barb Reinhardt

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    jeff
    Guest

    Re: Forcing 'XValues' to the bottom

    Both were great ideas and did the trick. Thanks very much!

  5. #5
    Right click on the Y-axis, then Format Axis, click on Scale tab, and change the "Category (X) axis crosses at" to the same as the minimum (greatest negative value) of your chart. The X-axis labels will then drop to the bottom of your chart.

    ken