superscript text in legend

  1. #1
    hogon
    Guest

    superscript text in legend

    I have created some superscript text in some of the column headings in my
    table, i.e., Gender[a], Education[b], with [a] and [b] being superscriptted.
    However, in the legend of my chart, the superscript text just appears regular
    size, so it looks like I have committed typos.

    Is there a way I can maintain the "superscriptness" of certain characters in
    my legend text?

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: superscript text in legend

    No. Unfortunately, when a chart uses a cell to title (or text box) it does
    not take the format with it.

    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: superscript text in legend

    As Bernard noted, with Excel's charting tools you can't. However, you can
    always eliminate the standard legend and create a picture of worksheet cells
    as an alternative. This example explains how to do so:

    http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce...s_camera_tool/

    This method allows you to perform custom formatting on the cells that you
    want to copy into the chart. The example shows a border around the legend
    but it is not necessarily needed. You have total control over what you want
    to copy into the chart.

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield