Displaying symbols in charts with tables

  1. #1
    jageorge
    Guest

    Displaying symbols in charts with tables

    I am trying to create a chart of percentages with the data table displayed
    with the dhart in Excel 2003. The problem is that I have some symbols in the
    table (e.g., <1%), which when charted are treated as text and simply show up
    as a zero in the data table. I would appreciate any suggestions for getting
    these symbols to appear correctly in the data table displayed with the chart.

    Thanks!
    -Aaron

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: Displaying symbols in charts with tables

    jageorge,

    Unfortunately, you have very little control over the data tables that appear
    as an option. You can get around this limitation by using worksheet cells as
    a data table. This example of how to do so might help:

    http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=509

    Also, you can "shoot a picture" of a worksheet range and use it as a legend.
    You can refer to this example:

    http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce...s_camera_tool/

    ----
    Regards,