Multi- charts

  1. #1
    Paul
    Guest

    Multi- charts

    I want to diplay 5 rows of data on one chart.

    3 of the rows I want stacked on the same bar (3 different status of one
    product-so want the total as combination)

    2 other single bars.

    Paul

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Multi- charts

    Paul -

    Arrange your data like this with more appropriate labels than I've used
    (view in Courier):

    Position 1 Position 2 Position 3
    Series 1 [value]
    Series 2 [value]
    Series 3 [value]
    Series 4 [value]
    Series 5 [value]

    Select the entire range (including "Position" row and "Series" column)
    and create a stacked column chart with series in rows.

    Series 1, 2, and 3 will be stacked in the first position along the
    category axis, while series 4 and 5 will be unstacked in the next two
    positions. Actually they all are stacked, but the zero values don't show up.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    Paul McPhillimy
    Guest

    Re: Multi- charts

    John,

    Many thanks for the solution. All the data is imbedded in an existing table,
    but I will be able to create a hidden table referencing as you sugested.

    Many thanks for this help.

    Regards,

    Paul

  4. #4
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Multi- charts

    See Stephen Bullen's funchrt4.zip at
    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Multi-disciplinary business expertise
    + Technology skills
    = Optimal solution to your business problem
    Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...