Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Can links between Excel 2003 Pivot Charts and their pivot table b.

  1. #1
    Mark Allen
    Guest

    Can links between Excel 2003 Pivot Charts and their pivot table b.

    Can links between Excel 2003 Pivot Charts and their pivot table be turned off
    or on? I am trying to show pivot charts for each page variable and if any
    formating is changed in one of the charts they all revert back to the default
    chart formatting.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Can links between Excel 2003 Pivot Charts and their pivot tableb.

    Loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's
    information in the following MSKB article, suggests recording a macro as
    you apply the formatting:

    XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904

    Or, you could create a normal chart from the data. On Jon Peltier's
    site, there are instructions for creating a normal chart from pivot data:

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Can links between Excel 2003 Pivot Charts and their pivot tableb.

    Mark -

    You could copy the original chart as a picture, and paste this into the
    worksheet, then continue making changes in the original.

    To copy a chart as a picture: Hold Shift while selecting the Edit menu,
    then select Copy Picture. I prefer the On Screen (twice) and As Picture
    options.

    I also prefer working with regular charts. Pivot charts cause more work
    for me with their strange behavior than they save me by pivoting.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    Mark Allen wrote:

    > Can links between Excel 2003 Pivot Charts and their pivot table be turned off
    > or on? I am trying to show pivot charts for each page variable and if any
    > formating is changed in one of the charts they all revert back to the default
    > chart formatting.

Closed Thread