Line Column on 2 axes that shows stacked colums

  1. #1
    Paul Henderson
    Guest

    Line Column on 2 axes that shows stacked colums

    I am able to creat a line column graph on 2 axes. That shows $ as columns
    and % as a line.

    However I wnat the colunms to be stacked colums. Can this be done?

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Line Column on 2 axes that shows stacked colums

    Instead of using the built-in combination charts, you can create your
    own. Jon Peltier has instructions on his web site:

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...mboChart1.html

    To change your chart:

    Select the chart
    From the Chart menu, choose Chart Type
    Select the Column chart type
    Select the Stacked column subtype
    Click OK

    In the chart, select the series that you want as a line
    From the Chart menu, choose Chart Type
    Select the Line chart type
    Select one of the Line chart subtype
    Click OK

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Line Column on 2 axes that shows stacked colums

    Create a stacked column chart for all the series. Then, in the chart
    select the series you want as a line chart. With it selected, select
    Chart | Chart Type... and choose an appropriate line type.

    If you want, you can then move that line to the secondary axis.
    Double-click the series then select the Axis tab and pick 'Secondary
    Axis'.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions