numbers above dates on x axis

  1. #1
    Nanofish
    Guest

    numbers above dates on x axis

    I have dates on x axis, from Oct 10 1999 through June 19 2000. I would like
    to put numbers, starting with 1, above each date. Is it possible to do this
    as another x axis or is the only option to physically put each number above
    each date (such as a text box), such as, the number 1 above Oct 10 1999, the
    number 2 above Oct 11 1999, etc. Thanks for any reply.

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: numbers above dates on x axis

    Nanofish,

    Try setting your data up like this - assume the data covers cells A1:C7 and
    that the title "Data" is in cell C1. The chart will automatically add two
    X-axis labels - in the case dates on the bottom and numbers on the top.

    Data
    10/1/1999 1 5
    10/2/1999 2 7
    10/3/1999 3 6