Removing specific data from a bar chart

  1. #1
    Tony
    Guest

    Removing specific data from a bar chart

    Hi Group,
    Hope someone can help me here. Here is my set up.
    In d3:e3 I have merged cells called North, f3:g3 South,
    h3:i3 East, j3:k3 West.
    In d4 I have a date 01/02/2005 and in e4 I have a date
    01/03/2005. This date sequence is the same for South,
    East & West.
    In C4 I have a header called Sales. In cells C5:C34 I
    have names of Reps. In D5:k34 I have data containing
    sales made by Reps. To note: Reps sell goods in 1 area
    only but sometimes Reps will sell goods in 2 or 3 areas.
    I can produce a graph by area but Excel lists all reps for
    all areas. I would like Excel to detect and remove from
    the graph any sales which equal zero (no sales by Reps in
    that area) so that I get an accurate and better looking
    graph as my current one looks like black lines.

    Hope this makes sense.

    Regards

    Tony

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Removing specific data from a bar chart

    Tony -

    Is this what you need to do:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/SqueezeColumns.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    Tony
    Guest

    Re: Removing specific data from a bar chart

    Jon,

    Yes, I need to remove the blank lines.
    Thanks for the link and example on your page. Neat
    solution.

    Cheers
    Tony