Copied Charts

  1. #1
    Aurora
    Guest

    Copied Charts

    I am using Excell 2000

    Every month I receive excell created charts with data via
    e-mail. I then copy these charts to another excell file
    so that we now have 1 file with approximately 22 charts on
    11 pages.

    Here is my problem. I copy a chart that has a ledgened
    with numbers in it. The original chart is formated
    as "number with 2 places". I copy the chart and
    everything looks good. The numbers read as they
    should - Ex: 9.99 or 7.25 etc. But when I close the
    original chart, some of the numbers (in the copied chart)
    in the ledgend change to 9.988888 or to 7.253333. How do
    I keep the numbers in the copied chart to read the same
    way they do in the original chart? HELP!!

    Aurora

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Copied Charts

    When the original file isn't open, Excel can't read its number formats,
    so it uses something like General.

    Before you close the original, double click on the numbers (which are
    still correctly formatted). In the format dialog which appears, click on
    the Number tab, and uncheck the Linked to Source button.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services