Copying charts from workbook to workbook

  1. #1
    Geoff C
    Guest

    Copying charts from workbook to workbook

    Is there a way to copy a chart from one identically structured workbook to
    another, without having to manually adjust the Series references to take out
    the previous file name each time? A sort of "Paste-special-values" for
    charts? I have to back fill about fifty workbooks with the same chart, and
    the chart contains references to 7 different series - it's going to take me
    hours!

    Thanks,
    Geoff.

  2. #2
    CajunDan
    Guest

    RE: Copying charts from workbook to workbook

    Geoff,
    How about copying the data from one workbook to another? When you copy the
    data, paste it in the same fields as the one with the chart. The chart will
    update itself with the new data. Then save the workbook as a separate name.
    It may save you some time. I do not know how complex the workbooks are, but
    if the data is on one spreadsheet, it should not take too long to copy/past
    the data then save as...

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Copying charts from workbook to workbook

    Geoff -

    Do a Save As of the workbook with the chart, then copy the data you wish
    to chart, and paste special - values into the copied workbook.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services