Simultaneously Formatting Charts

  1. #1
    Artsy
    Guest

    Simultaneously Formatting Charts

    In Excel 2002 is it possible to format more than one chart at a time or do
    they have to each be formatted individually? Is it possible to format one
    chart and apply the formatting to other existing charts?

    I have a series of charts that need the same formatting and I'm looking for
    a ay to only do it once and thus save a lot of time.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Simultaneously Formatting Charts

    You can format one chart
    Select that chart, and copy it
    Select another chart, anc choose Edit>Paste Special
    Select Formats, click OK
    Select another chart, and press the F4 key, to repeat the previous action.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Simultaneously Formatting Charts

    Keep in mind that Excel includes the text of the chart and axis titles in the
    formatting. When you paste formatting, the target chart's titles are overwritten by
    the source chart's. Aggravating, but I've learned to paste formats first, and write
    the titles later.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  4. #4
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Simultaneously Formatting Charts

    Personally, I'd record a macro while formatting the first chart. Then,
    select each subsequent chart and run the macro. That way you work
    around undesired changes to elements that XL considers part of a
    chart's format but most normal people would not.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

    In article <[email protected]>,