How do I get my data labels on a pivot chart to retain their form.

  1. #1
    s de maia
    Guest

    How do I get my data labels on a pivot chart to retain their form.

    I have created a pivot chart as an objecct in another worksheet. The data
    labels are on the chart in a font larger than I want (Arial 19). I can click
    on each of the series, and reduce the font to Arial 10, but as soon as I
    refresh the chart, the font goes back up to Arial 19. The default font for
    my excel spreadsheet is Arial 10.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: How do I get my data labels on a pivot chart to retain theirform.

    Loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's
    information in the following MSKB article, suggests recording a macro as
    you apply the formatting:

    XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List