Data markers in a stacked chart will not sit side by side by month

  1. #1
    WCH CHART PERSON
    Guest

    Data markers in a stacked chart will not sit side by side by month

    How can I get the monthly columns (ie: July Actual & July Budget) in a
    stacked chart to sit side by side with a space before the next month (August
    Actual & August Budget) and so on for each month.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Data markers in a stacked chart will not sit side by side bymonth

    Do you want to unstack the chart to convert it to a clustered chart?
    Chart menu > Chart Type > select a clustered column subtype that you like.

    Are you trying to cluster stacks of columns? Here are some links:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    WCH CHART PERSON
    Guest

    Re: Data markers in a stacked chart will not sit side by side by m

    Jon,
    No, they want them stacked to show non-operating profit and then operating
    profit on top so you can add them both to get the total profit and then he
    wants to see the budget write beside for the month.

    The links you listed showed a double column stack by month which is what I
    was looking for.

    Thank you greatly!
    Lori - WCH Chart Person