X axis months are truncated??

  1. #1
    Paul28
    Guest

    X axis months are truncated??

    I have four Excel charts. The first one has the months from Jan through Dec
    in three letter format. The 2nd through 4th appear as
    Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Ma, Jun, Jul, Au, Se, Oct, No, Dec. Why are these four
    months truncated to two letters each while the other eight are in the desired
    three letter format. The names of the months for the four charts all come
    from the same column on the Chart Data table.

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: X axis months are truncated??

    Paul,

    Check to make sure that all of your charts and chart plot areas are
    uniformly sized and that the X-axis fonts and font sizes are exactly the
    same. At times I've experienced that same type of problem and it is usually
    boils down to how the plot area automatically sizes with the different data
    that I'm working with. Usually I have to just make adjustments to all of the
    charts until they are sized correctly and look uniform. Unfortunately I
    don't know of a faster way to get around it other than using VBA to automate
    the process.

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: X axis months are truncated??

    Paul showed me his charts last week, and while I could observe this
    behavior, I could find no reason for it. The charts were taller than
    wide, but otherwise were just plain charts. Everything else was
    nominally the same. Same dimensions, same font sizes and styles.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services