Alignment of Multiple-Level Category Labels Not Possible?

  1. #1
    MCP
    Guest

    Alignment of Multiple-Level Category Labels Not Possible?

    I have multiple-level category labels in my chart. How can I change the
    alignment of the meta-label level, i.e., the rows of labels below all the
    other levels. Excel restricts the alignment of this meta-label level at 0%
    even after manually changing the alignment of the labels on the Format menu
    -> Selected Axis -> Alignment tab.

    I want to change the alignment to 90% degrees so that I can see the longer
    text. At 0% (the default), these labels are running into each other and are
    not eligible.

    Thanks, Marco

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Alignment of Multiple-Level Category Labels Not Possible?

    Marco -

    You can only adjust the alignment of the row of category labels furthest
    from the plot area of the chart. The others ignore any changes you make
    in the Format Axis dialog, no matter how frustrated you become.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services