Program line when charting variances?

  1. #1
    Greg Strong
    Guest

    Program line when charting variances?

    Hello All,

    Is it possible to program a vertical line when charting variances?

    My Y axis is either variance dollars or variance percentage. My X axis is for
    what I'm charting variances. For example my X axis could be apple types. In
    my data series I sort my Y variable from best to worst, and I'm using a bar
    chart. My sample data could be as follows:

    Apple Type Variance $
    ------- -----------
    Apple 1 1000
    Apple 2 750
    Apple 3 100
    Apple 4 -400
    Apple 5 -750

    So I would like to draw a vertical line between Apple 3 and Apple 4. For the
    readers of the graph the vertical line becomes a driver. Simply stated I have
    my good apples to the left of the line, & the bad apples to the right of the
    line.

    So if Apple Type represents one product group and there are many product
    groups to graph, then there are a lot of graphs to add a vertical line to
    manually at the end of each period. Any ideals? TIA!

    Greg Strong

  2. #2
    Greg Strong
    Guest

    Re: Program line when charting variances?

    Sorry should have cross posted to begin with.

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Program line when charting variances?

    Greg -

    Try one of these approaches:

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  4. #4
    Greg Strong
    Guest

    Re: Program line when charting variances?

    On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:07:43 -0500, Jon Peltier
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Try one of these approaches:
    >
    > http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html

    I got it to work with text. With some additional formulation, I can make min
    and max point values for vertical line at variance = 0. Thanks!

    Greg Strong