Custom Chart: Stacked Bar & Line

  1. #1
    Jim Garman
    Guest

    Custom Chart: Stacked Bar & Line

    I would like to combine a stacked bar graph and line graph. I can do this
    with a regular bar graph and line graph, but not with a stacked bar graph.
    Any ideas on how to do this? I will use the same y-axis values for both the
    line and stacked bar. Thanks, \JG

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Custom Chart: Stacked Bar & Line

    Hi Jim -

    Make your stacked column chart, including the data for the line series
    as another stacked column. Then select this series, goto the Chart menu,
    choose Chart Type, and select a Line chart style. (When you select one
    series, the Chart Type adjustment only applies to that series.)

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services