Find and replace data in an Excel chart object

  1. #1
    Cawen
    Guest

    Find and replace data in an Excel chart object

    Hi,

    In a workbook it is possible to find and replace data in cells and formulas.
    Is it possible in any way to find & replace data in series in a chart object?

    In have charts with more than 100 series on each chart and I would like to
    be able to change all series on a chart using an automated routine.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Find and replace data in an Excel chart object

    Cawen -

    I give some insights into how to do this with VBA, and include a link to
    a utility you can try:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    Cawen
    Guest

    RE: Find and replace data in an Excel chart object

    Thanks Jon,

    The Edit+Link... menu already solved my problems, but your site seems like a
    good source of inspiration when running into problems.

    Regards,
    Cawen