series graph -- one series being added to another series

  1. #1
    rich zielinski via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    series graph -- one series being added to another series

    I have a graph with three series all pulling from another spread sheet.
    the first series plots correctly on the y axis
    the second series plots higher up on the y axis instead of at corresponding
    values on the y axis. It appears the second series is being added to the
    first and plotted at the combined values.
    when I look at the plot point for the second series; for example $25000
    is being plotted at $50000 on the Y axis even though it is saying $25000.
    Help me please!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: series graph -- one series being added to another series

    Assuming you're using a column chart, check to see if you've chosen the
    stacked column chart option. If so choose the clustered column chart option.

    If you're using a bar chart, change it from a stacked bar to a clustered bar.

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  3. #3
    rich zielinski via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    RE: series graph -- one series being added to another series

    i am using a line graph with three series.

  4. #4
    rich zielinski via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    RE: series graph -- one series being added to another series

    I changed the graph type --I was using a stacked line type.
    Oh man--I would have never found this unless you told me.
    Thanks.