Is there a way of attaching data labels from a text range to dat.

  1. #1
    Peter Sailing by
    Guest

    Is there a way of attaching data labels from a text range to dat.

    Is there a way of attaching data labels from a text range to data markers in
    xy plot chart. I'm sure I could do it in Lotus 123

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Is there a way of attaching data labels from a text range todat.

    You can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to add labels. It's a free
    add-in that you can download from his web site:

    http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: Is there a way of attaching data labels from a text range to dat.

    In addition to the chart labeler that Deborah noted, you can also use this
    macro if for some reason you don't want/need to install an add-in:

    Sub AddLabels()
    Dim RngLabels As Range
    Dim Ser As Series
    Dim i As Long
    If TypeName(Selection) = "Series" Then
    Set Ser = Selection
    Set RngLabels = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Select the label
    range:", Type:=8)
    Ser.HasDataLabels = True
    For i = 1 To Ser.Points.Count
    Ser.Points(i).DataLabel.Text = RngLabels(i)
    Next i
    Else
    MsgBox "Select a series in a chart."

    Add the macro to a standard module. Select the chart and then run the
    macro. In the dialog box, add the reference to the data source like
    "Sheet1!A1:A5".
    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  4. #4
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    RE: Is there a way of attaching data labels from a text range to dat.

    If you go with the John (as in Mansfield) solution do keep in mind it
    is a one-off approach. It uses the current value in the range but
    doesn't link the datalabel to the cell.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions