change the color of points in 3D surface chart using VBA

  1. #1
    liontrader
    Guest

    change the color of points in 3D surface chart using VBA

    I wanna change the color of single points in a 3d surface chart according to
    a seperate value for each point (i.e. date, time, price chart with the
    surface color representing the volume). I figured it out for 3d column charts
    using the sereiesCollection(i).points method but found no solution for a
    surface chart.
    Any ideas ?

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: change the color of points in 3D surface chart using VBA

    Liontrader,

    For the 3d surface chart, you have to go to the legend key to change the
    colors. Try something like this:

    ActiveChart.Legend.LegendEntries(1).LegendKey.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
    ActiveChart.Legend.LegendEntries(2).LegendKey.Interior.ColorIndex = 3

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com