How do I copy an Excel chart with added text boxes into Word or P.

  1. #1
    oleum khaos
    Guest

    How do I copy an Excel chart with added text boxes into Word or P.

    I have created a chart in Excel and added a number of text boxes on top of
    the chart.

    I need to paste the entire chart & text boxes into Word and/or Powerpoint;
    however by selecting the chart and copying, the text boxes are excluded.

    MS help suggests entering the text boxes outside the chart then moving them
    into the chart and grouping the chart and text boxes; however there does not
    seem to be the ability to group the chart with the text boxes.

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: How do I copy an Excel chart with added text boxes into Word or P.

    If you had clicked on the chart before making the textboxes, all the items
    would have been grouped. But you can do it later:
    Hold down SHIFT and click on each box and on the chart area; right click and
    select Group from popup menu. Done!
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme