Copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

  1. #1
    momtoaj
    Guest

    Copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

    I have a chart that has the left side range from 0 -
    700000 @ 100000 increments, but when I select the chart &
    then go to Powerpoint to paste the picture it changes the
    range to -100000 - 700000 @ 200000 increments.

    Anyone know what would cause this?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

    The chart must be shrinking in PowerPoint, so the charting engine wants
    to use fewer axis ticks. If you've specified a maximum but no minimum,
    it will use your maximum and run out where it needs to. If you'd
    specified no maximum, it would do 0 to 8xxx by 2xxx. If you specify all
    axis parameters, they will not change. Double click the axis, and on the
    Scale tab, enter the numbers you want ofr the axis scales, then resist
    the urge to check the Auto boxes (if you check Auto, you're giving Excel
    license to do what it pleases, and that's partly why you're up this creek).

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services