Pivot Chart based on a pivot table changes

  1. #1
    dineshnewcomer
    Guest

    Pivot Chart based on a pivot table changes

    I have a pivot table and now I am trying to get the pivot chart ploted
    against it, I have the following issues and I am using excel 2003

    when I insert the chart and arrange the chart (x axis and y axis data) the
    way I want it to be displayed, the pivot table is change completely, I dont
    want the pivot table to be changed but want to see my chart the way I intend
    to see. Please help

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Chart based on a pivot table changes

    You can't change the pivot chart without changing the pivot table on
    which it's based.

    Perhaps you could create a second pivot table, and base the chart on
    that. Or, there are instructions on Jon Peltier's site for creating a
    normal chart from pivot data:

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm

    --
    Debra Dalgleish