Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Global changes to links

  1. #1
    Jo
    Guest

    Global changes to links

    Hi

    Hope you can help.

    I have a big spreadsheet I am working on, and wish to expand it. I have a
    sheet 'Raw Data' and another sheet 'Raw Chart' where a chart is produced
    charting data on the former. I have copied the 'Raw Data' sheet to a new
    sheet 'Processed Data' - which I can now make a few amendments. I have then
    copied the sheet containing the chart to 'Processed Chart' - but at present,
    (of course) all references to data elements point at the Raw Data sheet -
    whereas I want them to point to the Processed Data sheet. Is there any
    simple way to globally change all the references on the chart to point to the
    Processed Data sheet?

    Thanks in advance!!

    Jo

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: Global changes to links

    Jo,

    Click once on the chart in your Processed Chart sheet. Then, go to the
    standard toolbar and select Chart -> Source Data. In the Source Data dialog
    box -> Data Range input, change the word "Raw" to "Processed".

    As a sidenote - from the macro recorder . . .

    Sub ChangeSource()
    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate
    ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select
    ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Processed
    Data").Range("B2:B7"), _
    PlotBy:=xlColumns
    End Sub

    This line refers to where you could automate the sheet reference change:

    from

    =Sheets("Raw Data").

    =Sheets("Processed Data").

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Global changes to links

    Hi Jo -

    I have an explanation and a small workbook with a macro to change series
    formula text the same way Find/Replace does it in the worksheet.

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html

    It's not 100% foolproof, so try it on a copy of your workbook.

    You could probably just change
    'Raw
    'Processed
    and it will work.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    Jo wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Hope you can help.
    >
    > I have a big spreadsheet I am working on, and wish to expand it. I have a
    > sheet 'Raw Data' and another sheet 'Raw Chart' where a chart is produced
    > charting data on the former. I have copied the 'Raw Data' sheet to a new
    > sheet 'Processed Data' - which I can now make a few amendments. I have then
    > copied the sheet containing the chart to 'Processed Chart' - but at present,
    > (of course) all references to data elements point at the Raw Data sheet -
    > whereas I want them to point to the Processed Data sheet. Is there any
    > simple way to globally change all the references on the chart to point to the
    > Processed Data sheet?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!!
    >
    > Jo

Closed Thread