How do I split the y-axis scale on a chart?

  1. #1
    Chaz
    Guest

    How do I split the y-axis scale on a chart?

    I have several data points below 500 and several data points above 15,000.
    How can I split the scale so the small data doesn't get lost? Can the scale
    be split to show 0 - 500 (increments of 25) then 500 - 15,000 (increments of
    5,000)?

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: How do I split the y-axis scale on a chart?

    Chaz,

    Please see these sites for detailed instructions:

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...okenYAxis.html

    http://andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm

    http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgr...xis/index.html

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  3. #3
    bj
    Guest

    RE: How do I split the y-axis scale on a chart?

    one of the ways I do this is to put the data into two or more sets, and
    select different axis for the high and low sets. I then adjust the primary
    and seconady axis to give the ranges I want. I sometimes put a white filled
    white lined box over the Axis values I don't want.

    A second way I do this is to sometimes embed a chart into the first chart
    sheet to show the other data.