Time line in excel graph

  1. #1
    Wilkesy50
    Guest

    Time line in excel graph

    I need a vertical line in my graph to show that the graph information after
    the line is the future predicted outcomes. I've tried countless different
    options and cant seem to find how to do this!

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Time line in excel graph

    Hi,

    There are various ways of addressing this problem.
    See the following for examples of adding lines to charts.

    http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts...nes/index.html
    http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Wilkesy50
    Guest

    Re: Time line in excel graph

    That's great Andy, Thanks. BUT it's a bit complicated for me to follow! Is
    there anywhere where I can find an 'idiots guide'?

    Many Thanks,

    Nicole

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Time line in excel graph

    Hi,

    Ok lets start with what type of chart and data do you currently have?

    Cheers
    Andy

  5. #5
    Wilkesy50
    Guest

    Re: Time line in excel graph

    It is a line chart. Across the bottom are some dates (random months...well I
    tried to have random months like in my original chart, but I couldnt get that
    so it's periods of three months). Up the side are total point numbers. The
    series line charts the total point numbers, and at a certain point i need a
    line to signify the present, and then afterwards predicted results.

  6. #6
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Time line in excel graph

    Hopefully this quick example will help with the datum line and your
    other post regarding split series.

    http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng38.htm

    Cheers
    Andy