"Broken" chart axis for data of different scales

  1. #1
    Charlie
    Guest

    "Broken" chart axis for data of different scales

    How do I divide a chart axis into two different sets of values to display
    information of different scales?

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: "Broken" chart axis for data of different scales

    Charlie,

    Please see these sites for detailed instructions:

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...okenYAxis.html

    http://andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm

    http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgr...xis/index.html

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  3. #3
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: "Broken" chart axis for data of different scales

    Charlie,

    In addition to the broken Y axis, you can display data on two different
    axis. Assume you have the following in the range A1:C5 :

    Ser1 Ser2
    a 5 50
    b 4 68
    c 7 86
    d 6 94

    Select the entire range and create a line chart. Select the lowest line on
    the chart (Ser1) by clicking on it once. Right-click on your mouse and
    choose Selected Object from the menu. In the Format Data Series dialog box,
    go to the axis tab. Check the "Plot Series on Secondary Axis" option. You
    will now have a primary and secondary series.

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com