need to clear data references in pivot table report

  1. #1
    Mikeeusa
    Guest

    need to clear data references in pivot table report

    I have a sheet that records registration data. It is supported by different
    Pivot Table reports. The data in the main sheet changes twice a year and I
    need to find a way to clear the references that the reports use (as in 'show
    all', 'blank', etc.). I can clear the data from the main sheet, but the
    reports hold the data references. It is not affecting the reports
    functioning, it is just creating a HUGE reference list.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: need to clear data references in pivot table report

    There are instructions here for clearing old items from a PivotTable
    dropdown list:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Mikeeusa
    Guest

    Re: need to clear data references in pivot table report

    Thank You!! It worked except for one tough field which I can live with. It is
    astonishing to me how little MS helps with Pivot Tables in general. Thanks
    again.

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: need to clear data references in pivot table report

    You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that it helped.