presenting lots of data in a chart & table

  1. #1
    tee
    Guest

    presenting lots of data in a chart & table

    i update weekly sales information for our retail stores in an Excel table. I
    also use this data to create a chart (presented below the table). This
    information used to fit nicely on a page, but as the weeks progress, the
    table gets longer and longer and the printed page is no longer readable.

    Does anyone have suggestions about how I can retain the same information in
    the table and make it readable at the same time as keeping the chart
    presented below? I've used pivot tables / charts, but I'm not sure if that's
    my only option.

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: presenting lots of data in a chart & table

    tee,

    I'm probably missing something here so possibly you can post back to explain
    further. Are you allow to use multiple pages in your presentation? If so is
    it as simple as setting up another page as your data starts to run through
    the first printed range?

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  3. #3
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: presenting lots of data in a chart & table

    It would appear that the laws of physics would allow only two
    alternatives:

    You can either use more pages to print the same information or trunacte
    the information (print only the last so many rows for example) so that
    it fits on one page.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Multi-disciplinary business expertise
    + Technology skills
    = Optimal solution to your business problem
    Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...